Seven years of overall experience in IT, 5years of Administering, Performance Tuning, Configuring, Installing IBM WebSphere Application Server 5.x/6.x/7.0.
v Extensive experience in installation, configuration, Deployment and management of enterprise applications using WebSphere Application server 5.x/6.x on Solaris, AIX, UNIX, HP-UX and Windows NT/2000/2003.
v Monitored and Configured WAS servers, diagnosed and resolved WAS issues and failures.
v Expertise in administration, configuration, workload management (WLM) and performance tuning of WebSphere Application Server 5.x/6.x.
v Knowledge of security configuration for server-side application resources.
v Thorough knowledge of J2EE architecture
v Developed ANT Scripts.
v Experienced in working with iPlanet ,IHS and Apache Webservers.
v Strong technical knowledge includes WebSphere Application Server Administration, Workload management and performance tuning.
v Experienced in applying Patches and Fixes for WebSphere Application Server.
v Strong experience in Application Server clustering.
v Application install, uninstall and application enhancements through shell scripts WSCP.
v JACL scripts using Cron at job scheduling utilities.
v Developed Jython Scripts.
v Comfortable with the Working knowledge of IBM WebSphere MQ Family
v Knowledge in configuring JMS Provides using WebSphere MQ.
v Experience in working with TAM and managing it.
v Experience with, Webseal and Tivoli Access Manager.
v Implemented Webseal in conjunction with WebSphere Portal Server and Process Server.
v Developed Unix Shell Scripts (JACL and JYTHON) for the automatic configuration of the project and deployment of files into the WebSphere App Server.
v Experience in operational 24x7 support, best practice in troubleshooting, monitoring, capacity planning and maintenance.
v Knowledge on ITCAM monitoring tool.
v Creating the Problem Management Record (PMR) with the IBM, Updating fixing the unresolved bugs or issues.
v Excellent background in software development and testing middleware systems.
v Hands on experience with Relational databases like DB2, ORACLE, SYBASE and SQL Server.
v Performance monitoring and tuning using tools like Tivoli Performance Viewer, log analyzer, thread analyzer and IBM Heap Analyzer.
v Ability to rapidly learn & excellent interpersonal skills.
· IBM Certified Systems Administrator for Web Sphere Application Server v6.1 ND
IBM WebSphere Application Server 7.0/6.x/5.x,IBM WebSphere MQ 5.x, 6.x, Web Method.
Hardware / OS
UNIX, IBM AIX 5.3, HP-UX 8.0,Red Hat Linux, Windows 95/98/NT/2K and 2003
Tivoli Performance Viewer, Thread Analyzer, Log Analyzer, Wily Introscope, Tivoli Identity manager, Tivoli Access Manager.
XML, XSL, Applets, AWT, J2EE 1.2/1.3, JDBC, Servlets, JSP, RMI, EJB,AJAX, JNDI, JMS, SOAP
Oracle 9i/8i/7.x, DB2 UDB 7.x/6.x, SQL Server 2000/7.0/6.5, MS Access 97/2000
TCP/IP, HTTP, SSL, SOAP, FTP, WINSOCK, SMTP, POP, DHCP, POP, POP3, DNS, UDP, NFS, DHCP. LDAP, RMI/IIOP, SOAP, WSDL
iPlanet, IBM HTTP, IIS, Apache
Shell, Jython, Jacl, Perl
PowerPoint, Word, Excel, Access, MS Project, MS Visio.
Bachelor of Computer Science Engineering, JNTU, INDIA 2002
Bank of America, Jacksonville, FL July 08- Current
- Installed and configured WebSphere Application Server Network Deployment, Express, 5.1, 6.0, 6.1 on Sun Solaris, Linux.
- Installed and configured IBM HTTP WEB SERVER 6.0 and 6.1 on Sun Solaris, Linux.
- Upgraded IBM HTTP WEBSERVER and PLUGINS from 6.1 to 188.8.131.52.
- Upgraded WebSphere Application Server 184.108.40.206 to 220.127.116.11 and 6.1 to 18.104.22.168.
- Responsible for administering WebSphere Application Servers and IHS Web Servers.
- Implemented horizontal and vertical clustering of application servers for achieving work load management (WLM) and avoiding single point failure and making all the application servers highly available.
- Enabling SSL over IHS WebServer to make URLs secure.
- Worked on Ikeyman for generating digital certificates for authentication purposes.
- Used Jython Scripting for automating various tasks.
- Part of the team involved in Performance Monitoring and Tuning of Applications using IBM Tivoli Performance Viewer (TPV).
- Configured and administered JDBC providers, JMS providers, Connection Pooling and also defining scope level from Admin console.
- Resolve issues working with cross-departmental teams; customer support, application developers, vendor IT contacts, network and database administrators.
- Monitored and Configured WAS servers, diagnosed and resolved WAS issues and failures.
- Developed Jython Scripts.
- Coordinated propagation of fix packs and assured compatibility with WebSphere Commerce.
- Part of the team involved in Performance Monitoring and Tuning of Applications Using IBM Tivoli Performance Viewer (TPV).
- Installed cumulative fix packs for WebSphere Application Server Network Deployment.
- Configured LDAP Servers and various LDAP tools are used to manage data in LDAP.
- Used Siteminder for single sign-on, Policy Servers and Web agent servers are configured to authenticate and authorize users.
- Troubleshooting of WebSphere application server problems.
- Deployed new builds and recycled the environment.
- Knowledge in configuring JMS Provides using WebSphere MQ.
- Trouble shooting errors both Application & JVM also analyzed heap/core plus error logs – configured tuned JVM for optimum performance.
- Responsible for Three different portal environments with WAS version being 22.214.171.124 & 126.96.36.199 & Portal 188.8.131.52 & 184.108.40.206.
- Performed application and JVM performance monitoring using IBM Tivoli Performance monitoring tool.
- Developed ANT scripts.
- Experience with Tivoli Federated Identity Manager and Tivoli Access Manager.
- Involved in writing build scripts for J2EE application deployment on various environments for IBM WebSphere Application Server.
- Used Log Analyzer to monitor WebSphere Applications and tuned the environment accordingly like changing the JVM Heap, Connection Pool sizes.
- Enabled applications for federated single sign-on utilizing the Tivoli Federated Identity Manager.
- Wrote Shell scripts to backup LDAP configuration and to stop and start admin console.
- Enabled Security for Admin Console and the application components through LDAP (IBM Tivoli Directory Server)
- Involved in writing scripts to handle everyday System Administration tasks such as backup procedure, system cleanup, everyday system tasks etc.
- Defined and managed central authentication and enabled flexible SSO by Tivoli Access Manager.
- Involved in investigating the problem, troubleshooting and resolving application and configuration issues.
- Enabled Security features using LDAP user registry and LTPA for authentication and authorization privileges for Admin console and application components on both UNIX and Windows platforms.
- Used problem determination tools and log files to troubleshoot problems such as Log Analyzer.
- Documented all procedures and implementation for support.
- Installed the fix packs for the problems to get solved with the Application Server.
- Worked closely with developers to define and configure Application Servers, Virtual Hosts, web applications, Servlets, JDBC drivers and Servlet Engines.
- Applied new patches for production.
- Monitored for Application core dumps, or forced thread dumps to check for system objects using thread analyzer.
- Provided 24/7 support.
Environment: IBM Web Sphere Application Server 6.x, Site minder 6.x, Sun One LDAP, Sun One Mail Servers, IBM HTTP Servers SSO, Sun-Solaris, Oracle 10g, DB2, SQL Server 2005, Solaris 8.0, Advanced Query tool, Message Broker v6, Windows 2003 Server, Linux, Netbackup51
Virginia Commerce Bank, VA Mar 07-July 08
Senior WebSphere Administrator
· Installation, configuration, monitoring, troubleshooting and tuning of IBM WebSphere Application Servers version 5.0, 5.1, 6.0, 6.1.
· Installation of http servers such as IHS/Apache and integration to WPS for load-balancing and fail-over using generated plug-in.
· Actively involved in upgrade efforts to latest fix level released for IBM. This involved upgrading WebSphere Application Server from 220.127.116.11 to 18.104.22.168, JDK 1.4.2 SR1 to 1.4.2 SR10 and Upgraded WebSphere Portal 22.214.171.124 to WebSphere all environments.
· Setup procedures, extensive documentation policies and process oriented steps to perform routing maintenance and troubleshooting activities for the team.
· Found out a connection leak in IBM WebSphere Portal version 126.96.36.199 pursued with IBM and fixed it with fix pack included in WPS 188.8.131.52.
· Conducted team meetings, encouraged innovating ideas, discussed solutions and involved in cross training with team members.
· Involved in deploying the EAR files and scripting automated deployment of the applications using shell and JACL.
· Involved in Workload Management and Performance Tuning.
· Interpreted log files to locate and solve problems such as tracing and debugging facilities.
· Evaluated new releases and involved in migration of WebSphere Application Servers from V5.1 to V6.0.2.x.
· Installed the fix packs for the problems to get solved with the Application Server.
· Setup and configuration for openSSL and Ikeyman utilities for certificate generation and management.
· Setup and configuration of openSSH service.
· Worked with Database admin teams in requesting the new schemas for portal 6.0 explaining the difference between 5.0 and 6.1. Worked with portlet developers for changing the tag libraries before the portlets could be deployed from 5.1 to 6.0.
· Migrated WebSphere based applications from WAS 5.1 to 6.1 environments.
· Involved in setup, configuration and management of WebSphere Application server environment 6.1.
· Responsible for WebSphere Administration on AIX 5.1 and RHEL 3.0 update 3.
· Installed and configured WebSphere application Server 5.1/6.0.2 and upgraded the same to 184.108.40.206/220.127.116.11.
· Found a memory leak in WebSphere Application Server 18.104.22.168 which was part of the Portal server, upgraded to 22.214.171.124 to fix the problem.
· Performed backups and maintained portal configuration files and performed upgrades as needed.
· Deploy enterprise J2EE applications on WebSphere 5.1/6.0/6.1 that involves EAR (Enterprise Archives) and WAR (Web Archives).
· Automate application install, uninstall and application enhancements by executing and monitoring Shell scripts and JACL scripts.
· Managed the security and performance optimizations.
· Involved in configuring the WebSphere load balancing utilizing WebSphere Workload Management including horizontal scaling and vertical scaling.
· Created and managed connection pools in WebSphere.
· Executed and monitored many JACL scripts and shell scripts to automate the maintenance process of the WebSphere and recovered the backed up WebSphere configuration using command line tools in WAS.
· Utilized Tivoli Performance Viewer and Log Analyzer for performance and troubleshooting.
· Troubleshoot hardware and software problems, and interacted with IT staff or vendors in performing complex testing, support and troubleshooting functions.
· Provided on call 24x7 supports by shift rotation basis and monitored trouble ticket queues to attend user and system calls.
· Worked closely with Project manager, development, testing and production team to align project deliverables, dates and report issues/concerns.
Environment: IBM WebSphere Application Server 5.0.x,WebSphere Portal 5.1,6.1, IBM HTTP Server 1.3, DB2, MVS, Windows 2000, AIX, LINUX, Sun One LDAP.
The Men’s Warehouse, TX Mar 05 - Mar 07
· Installed and configured IBM WebSphere Application Server 5.0 and IBM HTTP Server 1.3 on AIX and SUN Solaris.
· Installed WebSphere Portal Server 5.0 and was involved in deployments, troubleshooting issues, researching solutions, and configuration.
· Involved in migration of WebSphere Portal Server from 4.0 to 5.0.
· Involved in installation, configuration and user management of WebSphere Application server on AIX/Solaris.
· Successful implementations of Workload Management (WLM) using clustering technique for enhanced performance and utilization of resources.
· Responsible for Web server and Application server installation, support and performance monitoring for all applications running on the company’s Website.
· Developed WebSphere Application Server regular administration tasks using XMLConfig scripts.
· Played an active involvement in monitoring server performance, network traffic to reduce performance bottleneck by enhanced performance ensuring upstream queuing.
· Configured the Web Server interfaces, session management, virtual hosts and transports for WebSphere Application Servers.
· Worked with software developers for software maintenance, program fixes and keeping the system software releases current.
Environment: IBM WebSphere 4.X/5.X, Solaris 8.0, AIX 4.3,Windows 2000,iPlanet Directory Server 4.1.1,LDAP 3, Oracle 8i.
PCS Technology Ltd, Mumbai Jan 04 - Feb 05
· Responsible for Setup, Installation, Configuration and ongoing development of WebSphere Application Server.
· Worked closely with developers to define and Configure Application Servers, Virtual Hosts, Web Applications, Web Resources, Servlets, JDBC drivers and Servlet Engines-as well as deployment of EJBs across multiple instances of WebSphere.
· Customization and Personalization using Admin Console, AAT. Extensively Used XMLConfig, WSCP (TCL).
· Troubleshooting and Administration of WebSphere Admin Server.
· Load balanced the Application Server with Models and Clones.
· Responsible for developing UNIX Shell scripts to execute the programs Interpreted log files to locate and solve problems such as Tracing and debugging facilities.
Environment: IBM Web Sphere Application Server 6.x, Siteminder 6.x, Sun One LDAP, Sun One Mail Servers, IBM WebSphere MQ 5.3/6.0, IBM HTTP Servers SSO, Sun Solaris, Oracle 10g, DB2, SQL Server 2005, Solaris 8.0.
Moser Baer, New Delhi, INDIA
Java/J2EE Developer Feb 03 – Dec 03
- Designed and Developed Session and Entity Beans (EJB’s)
- Developed various layer using JSP, Servlets, and Business Objects.
- Responsible for Build & Release of the product to the Client & Testing Team.
- Requirement study, analysis & design using MVC design pattern, UML (Rational Rose).
- Implementation of design patterns, Sequence, Component and Deployment diagram.
- Development using XML to format data using Business Rules in the form of an XML stream and send it to the front end which parses the XML stream and renders it to the front end and save it to the Oracle Server database as a configuration.
- Responsible for System Level Database implementation.
- Developed API and Class libraries
- Database Design, and Conventions to be followed for the system.
- Active involvement in database design, development and coding of PL/SQL, SQLDDL&DML statements, functions, views and triggers using IBM UDB, DB2.
- Developed Ant Build scripts and Shell Scripts for the automatic configuration of the project and deployment of jar files into the WebSphere App. Server.
- Integrated, configured and managed the MCVS (A Unix based SCM software) as a source code management system.
Environment: UML, Rational Rose 2001A, Java, J2EE - JSP, Servlets, EJB, JDBC, Java IDL, RMI-IIOP, JMS, Ant, IBM Web Sphere 3.5/ Rational Rose Design Adapter, DB2 UDB 6.1, SQL, PL/SQL, Unix Shell Script, Windows 2000 Prof (Dev. Environment)& Solaris 5.1(QA and Production Environment).