12 years of Extensive experience in Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) focusing on Agile Methodologies including RUP, Re-architecture, RAD, refactoring, code cleanup and Re-engineering. Expertise in software design methodologies and software design patterns, object oriented design.
Proven experience in software architecture design on Microsoft .NET framework. In-depth knowledge and experience in information systems architecture and understanding of business requirements and the process of translating them into well-engineered and integrated technical solutions using Service Oriented Architecture (SOA) and reusable components.
Excellent development experience in Microsoft technologies and has worked on all major Application Servers. Strong experienced in C#, VB.NET, .NET1.1/2.0, .NET3.0/3.5, ASP.NET2.0, ASP.NET3.5, Web Services, Ajax, WPF, WCF and Win Forms
Excellent programming skills in C#/and VB.NET and highly experienced in creating XSDs and XSLTs
Strong experience in designing RDBMS database models and managing database servers, including data migration and data transformation services.
Proven experience in Re-Engineering and migrating applications into .NET Technologies, created migration techniques and tools for migrating ASP applications into ASP.NET and ObjectView code into VB.NET. Holds good record in migrating applications into .NET
Experience with SharePoint Services, InfoPath, MOSS 2007, Excel Services, SQL 2005/2008, Visual Studio 2008, Windows 2008 , VM ware and Office2007
Good team player, effective communicator, constantly guiding the team members on technical issues and improving team buy-in for project objectives by disseminating useful information on the job work and technology.
Working experience in Banking & Finance, Healthcare, Insurance, Pharmaceuticals, Media, Trading and Manufacturing domains.
EDUCATION: BS in Engineering
Languages: C#, VB.Net, VB, XML, XAML, XSLT, VB Script, JAVA, XSD, Java Script, PL SQL, LINQ
Frameworks/Resources: .NET2.0, .NET3.0, .NET3.5 WCF, WPF, Silverlight2.0, Webservices, Crystal Reports, Active Reports, J2EE, MFC, STL, ATL, COM/DCOM, COM+, CAB, Enterprise Library4.0/4.1, VM Ware, IIS 6.0/7.0
server: MTS, PWS, IIS, Host Integration Server, Biz Talk Server 2006, Commerce Server, MTS, MSMQ, Share Point portal server, MOSS 2007, Java Web server , WebSphere, MQSeries
Operating Systems: LINUX, Windows 2003, Windows 2008, Windows Vista
WEB: HTML, VBScript, Java Script, ASP, ASP.NET, JSP, AJAX, XML, XSL, XSLT,
Databases: SQL Server 2005, SQL Server 2008, Oracle 8i, Oracle9i, Oracle 10g, Access, DB2
Testing Tools: Test Director 6.0, SharePoint, nUnit
Protocols: TCP/IP, FTP, HTTP, SMTP, VOIP, SOAP.
Modeling Tools: UML, Rational Rose, Microsoft Visio, Erwin, Visual Modeler
Case Tools VSS, TFS, Synergy, ReqPro, MSProject , Describe, UML
Workflow Lotus Notes, Windows Workflow, SharePoint Workflow, MQ Workflow
06/2009 to Client: Speridian at RPMVM, Chicago downtown
10/2009 Software Architect
RPM Visual Media [RPMVM] is a full service video branding company that provides clients with efficient resources to manage, produce, distribute and host video assets, they are a technology driven organization that has applied innovative processes to automate their proprietary tools and systems.
As a Software Architect developed a video distribution solution based on SOA and Cloud Computing concepts using .NET 3.5, C# and PostgresSql, built a system to Auto Upload and Auto Launch videos into various Video Sites like YouTube, Blip and etc using their APIs.
Multiple customers can upload and distribute any number and size of their videos and download the reports programmatically including bulk launching through a back end system and quick launching through a Web Site.
Adapted Agile methodology with a Plan to deliver value driven iterations with new features.
• Developed multiple websites using ASP.Net and PHP, also developed critical C# components as service oriented components and created web services for communicating from other platforms like PHP
• Developed APIs for customers to connect and integrate with their systems and do Automatic uploading and Launching,
• Created all design and architecture documents, created project plans and effort estimations.
• Explored various third party services like Google Analytics for reporting and PostgresSql for data handling.
• Designed and created complete database model in PostgresSql and developed a data layer to access data.
• Developed Uploading Service, Launching Engine, Reporting Service, User Management Service, Emailing Service, maintenance service Archiving Service and other supporting applications
• Responsible for Planning and deliver value driven iterations, Improve project delivery by increasing customer interaction, minimize project risk through status transparency.
• Handled day to day issues and code integration and installation. Developed excellent communication to communicate with team’s onsite and offshore and transfer the knowledge smoothly.
Environment/Tools: .NET 3.5, Microsoft Visual Studio .NET 2008, Windows
2008, IIS7.0, PostgresSql 8.4, VB.NET, C#, ASP.NET, ADO.NET, Visio,
XML, XSLT, WCF, WPF, Web Services, Windows Services, Google
05/2009 to Client: Service Management Group, Kansas City, MO( Short term project)
06/2009 Software Architect
Responsible for Software Architecture(SOA) and designing of the development framework including “data access layer UDL “and “business layer” connecting to external service providers. Designed Enterprise object framework and Service oriented architecture for the applications to interact with transactional databases, Archive databases, Cubes and other external data providers.
• Designed and documented development Architecture following SMG guidelines and standards for developing .NET based applications adapting layered architecture for the organization focusing more on Iterative development process with a scope of horizontal expansion.
• Designed and Developed Unified data Layer(UDL) using Enterprise application blocks and implemented WCF services and Web Service for communicating with the layer.
• Developed proof of concepts, prototypes and performed comparison study between WCF and Web Services.
• Designed and initiated development of Report Manager, report runner Application, schedulers, emailing components and logging framework.
• Implemented nUnit for unit testing.
Environment/Tools: .NET 3.5, Microsoft Visual Studio .NET 2008, ASP.NET, Web Services, Windows Services, SQL server 2008, T-SQL C#, VB.NET, TFS, Visio, XML, Web Services, WCF, SSRS, SSIS.
07/2007 to Client: Keane at Landauer Inc, Glenwood, IL
01/2009 Development Lead
COMET is an Enterprise solution developed using agile development
methodology principles and strategies, the solution includes ERP product
(Agresso), Win Form applications, Web applications,
Transformation services and Data exchange services built on Webservices. Also
includes Document storage System, Schedulers and enterprise reporting.
• Provided solutions adherence to enterprise-wide technology/architectural standards and policies, the focus was more on identifying common types of applications and on partitioning application functionality into layers, components and Services adapting ongoing requirement changes.
• Managed multiple applications and conducted pre and post implementation reviews of the offshore deliveries, ensuring all technical solutions have met business requirements.
• Migrated existing data Transformation applications into .NET and integrated with ERP system.
• Designed solutions for load balancing which include multiple schedulers for huge volume of enterprise report generation by designing necessary data model and automation jobs.
• Designed and developed Data transformation components, transforming data into legacy style for manufacturing units to keep the costs low by avoiding buying any third party products
• Architected and designed integration solutions to integrate ERP system with various other applications
• Used Enterprise Architect to create class hierarchies, object models, and reverse engineer some of the modules to determine dependencies.
• Designed and developed new Web site for customer interaction and integrated with existing in house intranet applications, the website also provides downloading of enterprise reports.
• Designed service contracts for exchanging information between ERP system and Web site, Designed components to support iterative development strategy where the requirements are frequently changed
• Studied existing applications and designed migration Architecture and developed the framework for migrating applications into .NET.
• Designed and developed WCF services to interact with existing applications and exchange information with ERP system and Web site,
• Developed WCF for ERP system to communicate with “Feed Transformation service” and trigger data transformation components, also implemented asynchronous callback to the ERP system to communicate back the status of the Transformation.
• Developed Data Exchange service and implemented WCF to download and upload data through website. Customers can also interact with the service and request for report generation
• Created standards and developed prototypes in order to validate proposed technical architecture and proof-of-concept.
• Migrated Applications from .NET 2.0 to 3.5 and from IIS 6.0 to IIS 7.0 to maintain the applications in single web server.
Environment/Tools: .NET 2.0, NET 3.5, Microsoft Visual Studio .NET 2008, SQL server 2005, C#, ASP.NET, VSS, WCF, Web Services, XML, XSLT, XMLSpy, MS Project , Infragistics, IIS 6.0/7.0, Ajax extensions, SharePoint
05/2004 to Client: Merrill Lynch, Jacksonville, FL
07/2007 Onsite Coordinator/.NET Architect
Employer: Satyam Computers
Satyam Computers is one of the major service providers for Merrill Lynch in the areas of software Design Development and Maintenance, Merrill applications are developed using Merrill frameworks called MLIF and MLPF which are developed with .NET technologies, Oracle and ODP.Net.
Worked for multiple groups and Managed multiple projects and teams, fully responsible for offshore coordination and knowledge transfer, Release and change management
• Responsible for developing and delivering applications CDSC simulator, TAS Re Engineering (Migration) Application, RP Web Enhancement( Asp to Asp.NET), Advice Access, OGC Support, Defined Benefits, Credit Advisor and the XML project.
• Coordinated with various Merrill Technology and Architecture groups, provided solutions for the software systems across various units in Merrill Lynch in accordance with the Company technical/architectural policies and guiding principles.
• Responsible for UML diagramming, Object Oriented Design and designed wire frames, Transaction Components and Integration components based on different design patterns like Singleton pattern, Mediator pattern, Collaboration pattern, Delegation pattern, Analysis pattern, Factory classes etc.
• Performed System study, requirements gathering and requirements analysis along with client team and developed use cases, technical specs and functional specs.
• Developed Web tools and Web applications , Simulators, Content Management, Data Transformation services, Data Transaction Services using VB.NET, C#, ASP, ASP.NET, Ajax, SQL, PL SQL SQL Server , Oracle, ODP.NET, ADO.NET and XML web services.
• Designed and Developed necessary database schemas and XML schemas(XSD files) for both database and middleware systems, Created DTS tasks and schedulers.
Environment/Tools: X4ML, MLIF 2.0, .NET1.1, NET 2.0, Mainframe CICS, C#, XML Web services, AJAX, ASP.NET, Java Script, Remoting, UDDI, Siteminder, Reqpro, Clear Case, SOA, SharePoint, BiZTalk, DB2, SQL Server, Oracle8i, Oracle91, Oracle10g, ODP.NET, ADO.NET, TOAD, UML, ERWIN, SYNERY, Infragistics, Component One, XSLT, Chart FX
01/2004 to Client: GlaxoSmithKline Inc. (RTP, Durham, NC)
05/2004 Technical Lead
Employer: Satyam Computers
Project : eCommerce Web Sites ( Enhancements and Support)
GlaxoSmithKline Inc. is one of the largest Pharmacy Companies in the United States of America.
The Managed Markets IT of GlaxoSmithKline is supported by two major e-commerce applications eCS and eGPO.
• Analyzed the existing process, prepared presentations representing steps to remove manual overhead and increase performance.
• Performed maintenance and supported (7X24), Maintained daily Batch processes and production incidents, handled user complaints and initiated preventive actions to avoid the same.
• Developed systems to read data from shipping companies and update database on daily basis, Developed new web pages and features and integrated with existing web sites, Migrated VB6 components to C#, used nUnit functions and updated within the code to perform smoke testing.
• Identified the work to be shared with offshore teams and effectively managed offshore work, Built technical teams to support existing applications and build new applications.
• Participated weekly status meeting and reported status to project stakeholders and management.
Environment/Tools: ASP.NET, C#, XML, ORACLE, SQL Server, VB6, C#, TestDirector, VSS, XML, nUnit, UML
04/2003 to Client: CIGNA, Re-Engineering Project (Bloomington, IL)
11/2003 Project Lead (Offshore)
Employer: Satyam Computers
Project: Lower Cloud Millennium Re-Engineering Project
Lower Cloud System is part of the CIGNA Retirement and Investment Services (CR&IS) General Ledger (GL) applications and identified to be replaced with .NET technologies CR&IS as part of its GL re-write program wants to retire the Lower Cloud data entry system and want to replace it with a new system developed in .NET technologies.
The architecture is based on MVC (Model View Controller) architecture.
Effectively managed development and delivered the application on time and on budget.
• Effectively used MVC architecture concepts and developed necessary components including data layer and business layer.
• Analyzed the requirements and translated into technical specs, Created necessary user documentation and Performed QA testing.
• Created Controller methods for integrating views, navigation and configuration using C#.
• Created System and Integration test cases and performed intensive Integration Testing and System Testing.
Environment/Tools: Microsoft Visual Studio .NET 2001, ASP.NET, Web Services, XML, VB.NET, C#, SQL Server, VSS
05/2002 to Client: IMF WorldBank, Washington DC
02/2003 Tech Lead (Offshore)
Employer: Satyam Computers
Project: Development Data Project(DDP)
DDP system provides a web-based interface to query and analyze data related to macro and socio economic indicators and other such development indicators.
The project is about creating and accessing OLAP cube data from .NET platforms and presenting the same to the user in specific grid format. Data from existing servers is abstracted as OLAP cubes and the .NET based server components query the cubes to retrieve the data as XML files. These XML files are bonded to server-side spreadsheet controls like OWC10 that can output the data to web or excel based users.
• Responsible for Business Analysis, System Specifications, Requirement Analysis feasibility Analysis and understanding the business requirements.
• Installed and configured .NET development Environment and trained team on .NET.
• Explored office WEB components and implemented to convert XML data into HTML content
• Handled Authentication and Authorization through Form Validation, Windows Validation and Passport Validation
• Explored third party controls and procured Infragistics software for rich UI look and feel
• Developed XML WEB Services for Data retrieving from the SQL Server Cubes.
• Developed XSLT files for transforming XML files into excel formats
• Responsible for Packaging and Deployment on the servers connected to WorldBank network
Environment/Tools: Microsoft Visual Studio .NET 2001, ASP.NET, XML, VB.NET, C#, SQL Server, MSOLAP, Infragistics, Office2000 Web components, Java, J2EE
05/2000 to Client: EXIM Bank
04/2002 Project Lead (Offshore)
Employer: Satyam Computers
Project: EXIM Bank Application Re-engineering Project
Exim Bank has many independent and stand-alone software systems to support everyday activities mostly the local needs of a department or function. The aim is to provide an integrated centralized solution with automatic Workflow to meet the objectives such as to perform multi-fund and multi-currency operations
• Responsible for overall development and delivery of the application
• Responsible for System Analysis, System Specifications, feasibility Analysis. Understanding ongoing development and plan to meet the goals.
• Created Databases, Created relational tables, wrote stored Procedures including optimization and performance tuning.
• Developed MTS components and deployed in MTS, Designed data model for data backup and reports creation, Integrated different modules into one solution
• Developed implementation strategies and implemented the application at client site
• Implemented Lotus Notes for Workflow using Lotus Notes API.
• Designed and developed Data migration tools to migrate legacy data into Oracle database.
• Trained teams in COM+ and MTS
Environment/Tools: Microsoft Visual Studio, XML, VB5, VB6, ASP, Oracle Server, SQL Server, MTS, Active reports, Lotus Notes, VSS, FlexGrid, UML
10/1998 to Client: Sanghi
04/2000 Product Executive/Sr.Technical Member (Offshore)
Employer: SPARSH Communications (Software Division)
Project: Total Business Solutions (ERP Product)
This is an ERP product targeting medium business Companies. The product contains Inventory, Finance, Purchase, Logistics, Fleet management and Sales Order Modules having both Intranet and Internet interfaces. The product has been designed & developed on Object Oriented Technologies and built on Component based development COM using MTS (Microsoft Transaction Server) to centralize the business components for better performance and scalability. Implemented excellent GUI capabilities, enabled through usage of third-party visual controls.
• Met various departments and collected requirements
• Analyzed requirements along with business team and created functional specs
• Created design documents and developed purchase and sales modules
• Designed and Developed MTS components and implemented transactions.
• Developed tools using VB Script to migrate the Data.
• Developed reporting tool using crystal reports engine
• Designed and developed web interfaces in ASP.
• Provided necessary Product Support for marketing team
Environment/Tools: Microsoft Visual Studio , XML, VB5, Oracle, SQL Server, MTS, ASP, Crystal reports, MSOffice97, Robo Help, UML
ACTIVITIES & AWARDS
COMET Hero award by Landauer Inc for overall performance.
Award for introducing .NET and providing training for teams at Satyam Computers
Award for successful delivery of Migration Application in .NET for CIGNA
Various Appreciations from Merrill Lynch for developing applications using Merrill frameworks within the schedule and budget
Member of Member of
Enterprise Architecture Group International Association of Software Architects
Member of C#
Developers / Architects Group